Monday, February 9, 2009

on purging ... part 2

Clearly I talk (or write) a good line when it comes to "purging". But when reality -- and time -- permits, apparently the urge to purge is more of an impotent and inadequately motivated desire than an actual action.

The most I did this past weekend was to talk with my sister-in-law and encourage her to take some of my kid's clothes. She, in turn, encouraged me to sort through what I had to pick the best stuff out for her son because she just couldn't go through everything. Which I did. (A sign, IMO, of my willingness to purge that I double-sorted what I had.)

Also looked at the plastic bins at Zellers and almost bought them. Until I realized I was out of energy for the weekend and could really use NOT spending that money until I got paid again.

Ah well. Better luck next weekend.

No comments: